Friday, June 29, 2012

Taco Burger....Talk About Flavorrrrr!!!!

I love a good grilled burger as much as the next guy. I just don't get around to grilling them as much as I do steaks and ribs. But a great burger is hard to beat. 

Wednesday night's has been dedicated as Burger Night at the Olivas household. I vowed to grill up a different burger every Wednesday night. No duplication. I also vowed that I would try my best to come up with a different fry or onions ring recipe to go along with those burgers. I love a good challenge.

Well, this past Wednesday I decided to grill Taco Burgers served up with wedge-cut fries made from red potatoes. I was inspired by the recipe from Food.com. You can view the original Taco Burger recipe from that site here.

Now I modified the recipe just a tad. Here is the recipe I used:

1 lb lean ground beef
1 sausage link of Johnsonville Chorizo (removed from casing)
1/2 cup of my home-made salsa
1 large egg
1 package (1 1/4 ounce) taco seasoning mix

Here's the burger....


I topped off my burger with the regular fixings of lettuce, tomato, onion and mayo/ketchup spread and one slice of Swiss cheese. My wife, Lupe's burger had an extra level of "heat " applied with a spread of hot pepper paste. Here is the recipe for that:

1 cup of hot peppers with stems removed 
1 medium sized bulb of garlic, peeled and cleaned 
4 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp of fine grain sea salt 
1/2 tsp of onion powder (optional) 

Using a small blender like a "Bullet Blender", add the garlic, salt, onion powder and vinegar and blend until liquefied; 

Add the hot pepper and blend until all the ingredients are evenly reduced to a paste.

My first bite of this burger told me one is not enough. I ate two!!!

So if you want a great burger with a tender, juicy, mellow spicy flavor, this is the burger for you...

Don't forget to check out the Food.com site and the other 14 burgers part of the same article. You'll be glad you did.

Read more:


Until next time....

1 comment:

Three Dogs BBQ said...

Rueben, looks like a winner. I am like you. I love a good burger, but I like them outside the box sometime.

have a good weekend,

Bill