Sunday, August 26, 2012

Rainy Weather?? Deep Fry those Spare Ribs!!!

Well it's rainy season in Guam right now. We only have two seasons, rainy and dry. Typically, rainy season runs from July through December and the dry season runs from January through June. Of course there are plenty of dry and wet days in both seasons. But today we had on and off rain. My plans to BBQ pork spare ribs were sidelined. So I went to Plan B......Deep Fried Pork Spare Ribs!!!!


Deep Fried Pork Spare Ribs, Chicken Kelaguen, Red Rice and a Garden Salad.

Here is how I do it.....

Take the rack of spare ribs and remove the membrane on the bone side.

Separate all the ribs and cut up the rib tips into nice size two inch chunks.

I rub them down with my salt, black pepper, garlic and onion powders.

Give them a healthy coat of regular mustard. 

I let these sit and marinade for a couple of hours.

When it's time to cook, I pour the oil into a large, high sided pot, and bring the oil temp up to about 350 degrees F.

Coat the ribs with self-rising flour. This really gives a great, crispy coat to the ribs.

Fry them until they get a nice golden brown.

Remove them and set on a drip grate over a flat baking pan for 5 minutes.

And they are ready for serving.

You would not believe how tender, juicy, and crusty these ribs are and with such tremendous flavor!! This is a big winner in my book.

Hope you give it a try. My bet is you'll be glad you did!!!

Until next time....

2 comments:

Three Dogs BBQ said...

No different than a deep fried pork chop I suppose. I just may have to try these Rueben.

Thanks for the idea.

Bill

Rueben said...

Hafa Adai Bill!!!

Pork Country Ribs are so fat and well marbled. My opinion is that they put pork chops to shame. No comparison. These guys give you a big bite and maintain their tenderness and juiciness even if you overdo them a little. But with the added crispiness of the frying and the mustard and self-rising flour, it really takes this hunk of mouth watering love to another level.

Try this out and let me know what you think of them if you have an opportunity. I think they will get your attention my friend!!

(:{