Thursday, June 16, 2011

Two new dry rubs to try....

My good friends Chad Miller and Bob-BQN from the Barbecue Bible forum have turned me onto a couple of dry rubs that I wanted to share with everyone!!!

Chad gave me this dry rub recipe that he received from Ted Reader. The rub's name is Bonedust and here is the recipe:

Bonedust:
 1/2c paprika
1/4c chili powder
3T kosher salt
2T ground coriander
2T garlic powder
2T curry powder
2T hot mustard powder
2T sugar
1T black pepper
1T dried basil
1T dried thyme
1T ground cumin
1T cayenne pepper

Chad says that you can substitute regular mustard powder for the hot. You can also subsitute 1T onion powder and 1T garlic powder instead of 2T garlic powder.

Bob-BQN tells me that his rub is primarily for beef brisket. I gave it a name calling it Bob-BQN Brisket Dust. Maybe the name is not so original but at least I know what it's for.

Bob-BQN Brisket Dust:
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup black pepper
1/3 cup table salt
1/4 cup coarse kosher salt
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup paprika
1/4 cup onion powder
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup chili powder

Bob says you can also use this on pork or ribs, but he adds a little more sugar and less salt.

I made a batch of the brisket dust but I am a couple of ingredients shy of making the Bonedust.


My thanks go out to Chad and Bob for these wonderful looking dry rubs. 

I hope you all get a chance to try them out. I will be this weekend.

Until next time....

No comments: