Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BBQ'd Chicken Breast for Dinner!!


It was another great afternoon for a BBQ. My wife told me she wanted to eat something healthy so this set the gears in motion. The light bulb came on and visions of chicken breasts appeared. Perfect.....chicken breasts it was.

I broke out the small 14 inch kettle grill, I call the Smurf. It was only the two of us, so there was no need to light up the larger grills.

I got the lump charcoal started in the chimney lighter and set upon getting the chicken breasts all rubbed down with peanut oil. I then seasoned up both breasts my with Rueben's Rub (secret mix).

Once the fire was ready, I threw in a few applewood chips for a nice mellow smoke flavor then I slapped down the breasts.

Here are the breasts nice and seasoned.

You can see on the bottom half of the breasts that they are ready to be turned (4 minutes). I also rotated the breast about a quarter turn to get those nice grill marks.

Here are the breasts after the 1st turn with the grill marks.

Brushed on two different glazes. One is a home made sweet chili sauce and the other breast received a coat of homemade vinegar/brown sugar based BBQ sauce.

Glazed with the BBQ sauce.

Glazed with the homemade Sweet Chili Sauce.

Here are the breasts served with BBQ'd baby red potatoes, white rice, fresh cold cucumbers and hot pepper. This is just the type of meal we really wanted to eat this evening.

The chicken breast were hot, moist and spicy. The whole meal just kind of jelled together nicely and it only took about 45 minutes to prepare.

I'd do it again tomorrow but I've got to work.

Hmmmmm....maybe we can BBQ for dinner at the firestation tomorrow night.

Until next time....

2 comments:

cowgirl said...

Looks delicious!!

Rueben said...

Again, you and your Hasty Bake inspired me.
Thanks for your posts!!!