Thursday, May 12, 2011

How about just some salad??? Are you for real?

You know sometimes you just have to take a break from eating meat. You just can't always be a carnivore. And I'm so tired of going to bed so full that I can't roll over in bed because my stomach is so full it's stopping me from rolling over. Now that's bad.

Well, my wife and I try to eat only salad for dinner once a week. At least we try to. And tonight was the night.

Here is a picture of what we ate:



We've got the greens made up of baby spinach, green leaf and iceberg lettuce. There are also julienned carrots in there. On the "outskirts" we have hard boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, cheddar/jack shredded cheese, cilantro and the left over jerk chicken chopped and warmed up. I just couldn't stay away from the BBQ. We served this with Feta cheese, and a whole smorgasbord of dressings.

I felt so healthy after this one plate meal.

I am so ready for some serious BBQ now. Can't wait til tomorrow!!!

Until next time....

2 comments:

cowgirl said...

Looks like a great feast to me Rueben... Nice idea to have salad once a week too! :)

Rueben said...

It was good and a nice cool salad always goes good on a hot day, which we have no shortage of on Guam.

And it's easy on the ol' stomach and a very light meal.

Always a good change of pace.