Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rueben's Jerk Rub



I love Jerk BBQ. It's famously from Jamaica. On Guam, we have our very own Jamaican restaurant. The name is Jamaican Grill (what else would you name it?). They have a fantastic menu. Everything is great. It is probably my favorite restaurant on Guam. http://www.jamaicangrill.com/flash/index.html

But when I don't have time to go out and eat and I am craving for some jerk, I do it myself. The key is the rub. This is my own concoction and I call it Rueben's Jerk Rub. Here is the recipe:

1 tbsp 5 Spice
1 tbsp Dried Thyme
1 tbsp fresh course ground Black Pepper
1 tsp ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp Sea Salt

This recipe is not too salty at all. That is my usual style. Leaves plenty of room for error and adjustment to the individual taste.

Yea Mon it's good!! Try it Mon.

Until next time....

No comments: