Sunday, May 22, 2011

Homemade Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe


Buying the bottled Sweet Chili Sauce used for marination and glazing is good. But making your own sauce with fresh ingredients is even better. Here is my Sweet Chili Sauce recipe:

Ingredients:

1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup of water
1/2 cup of sugar
2 fresh hot peppers minced
2 cloves fresh garlic minced
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cornstarch
Directions:

In a saucepan, combine the water, vinegar and sugar over medium heat.

Mix together until well blended. Bring to a boil until the sugar dissolves.

Add the hot pepper, garlic and salt and stir until it all boils for about 1 min.

Add the cornstarch and continue to boil until everything has blended in.

Allow this to cool before you use it for a marinade.

If you are going to use this sauce for a barbecue glaze, cooling is not necessary.

This makes about 1/2 cup of sauce.

This sauce is great over BBQ'd or baked chicken and as a dipping sauce for lumpia (Asian springrolls).

Until next time....

5 comments:

adam tylor said...

It is really mouth watering..even my eyes are struck to this site. i have bookmarked it so that i can learn recipe from here whenever i get time.

Rueben said...

Thanks Adam. I am glad that you paid my site a visit. I hope you find other recipes that you would like to try out. Come back soon.
-Rueben-

Rueben said...

Javed, thank you for visiting my blog. The sweet chili sauce is very popular within Asian cuisine. Great for lumpia (springrolls) and as a BBQ glaze.

I hope you search for more recipes to try out in the recipe section.

Please visit often and send me an email and tell me about yourself and where you are from and what type of BBQ you all do there.

Adios, -Rueben-

Anonymous said...

All I have is dried pepper flakes, could I use those instead of fresh?

Rueben said...

Anonymous you can use whatever you have in your area. Ingredients are all about flavor and with properties they bring to the table. Pepper flakes bring in a little heat (pika) and flavor. You will be fine.

I know you will enjoy your own homemade sauce. It is always better and it is fun making your own from scratch. Once you make it and taste it, you can always adjust the seasonings to your particular liking.

Thanks for the visit and comment and enjoy.
Adios for now,
-Rueben- (:{